Monday, December 1, 2014

Week #83: MY FIRST FRIENDS-GIVING (11.24.14 - 11.30.14)

On Monday I had a date with Dorianne :3 our initial plan was to go to Casco and have some ice cream but it looked like it might rain so we changed plans and headed to the mall. I had a shopping spree long coming. I bought two pairs of jeans, one sweater and one beanie. I really love all that I bought and I also bought a late birthday present for Rod :) I had lunch at Crepes & Waffles and walked through the mall from a little after noon until around 6 or 7. After our little-beautiful-needed date I went to the hospital to be with my grandpa as always.

On Tuesday I woke up earlier than usual to take my grandma's cleaning and cooking lady to the super makert, it's been a long time since I've spent some quality time with Eli and I think it's nice that she remembers I call fish yiyi and she knows it's my favorite. After grocery shopping I went to the hospital to take care of my grandpa because my grandma had to go to an event so I spent around 5 or 6 hours alone with my grandpa at the hospital and we spent a great deal playing hangman. I took him for a stroll around the floor, we watched the parking lot from the window and watched how people drove or how they were badly parked. It wasn't until 8 pm that my grandma return, way after she was supposed to because of the rain.

On Wednesday I had to go grocery shopping because I had absolutely no food in my house and I brought Rod along to accompany me. Then we came back and I cooked us some lunch while my cleaning lady cleaned away. Then we watched a movie together -Grown Ups, hilarious- and then Rod left so I could go to the hospital once again. It looks this time that my grandpa is staying until Monday, so hopefully he won't have to return. At night I tried out a LUSH bath thingy that was super cool. It was a glittery star that smell citrusy and made the tub turn blue and it's so relaxing to just smell the citrus while in a blue tub reading Harry Potter :)

On Thursday I woke up around noon and it was glorious, I filmed two videos during the day: how to pull an effective all nighter and microwaveable cheesecake. After that I went to the hospital as usual and started editing over there. Happy Thanksgivings by the way!

On Friday, Black Friday ya'll, I went to my grandma's at around 3:30 and then we all headed to the mall, that is Patty, some friend of Patty and my aunt. We ended up splitting and I went on my own through the crowds. It wasn't as crowded as the first Black Friday the mall held and the parking situation was pretty tolerable. We got a parking spot right after entering the mall and just after we saw a police officer handcuffing a guy and looking through his car, the police ended up taking the guy! I shopped at American Eagle (I'm obsessed with AEO), Bershka, and Zara. I didn't get much but I liked what I got. My grandparents were staying at the Marriot Courtyard (the hotel linked to the mall) because they are still working on taking the rugs out of the house, which was convenient for us because we could leave our shopping in the hotel and stuff. I stayed at the hotel that night which I regret. I always regret sleeping at a hotel with my grandparents because they keep the temperature super high and I can't sleep in the heat. And then add the snoring of my aunt and grandma together D: We had dinner at Benihana's which was nice. We joked about having a birthday in our table and the staff sang Happy Birthday to Yoyi, lol. We got free ice cream though!

On Saturday we woke up early and headed to my grandma's to start painting her room. It was a really slow process but we made it and afterwards we had dinner at P.F. Chang's, which is new for me, I wanted to go ages ago with my mom but decided not to last minute because I change my mind due to the price of the restaurant (I highly regret that because now I don't have memories with her at that place). The food was amazingly delicious an the desserts left me speechless. 

On Sunday I was supposed to wake up early and drive all the way to the hotel to babysit my grandpa along with my cousin. I got there and there was nobody in the hotel room but a slump in the single bed snoring in the dark, I assumed that was Patty. I closed the door and called my grandpa to find out where he was and turns out I didn't have to go and babysit him since he had a meeting... I had breakfast and then drove to my grandma's to complain about how they didn't even bother on calling me to tell me I didn't have to wake up at 8:30 in the morning. Then, since I was there and the construction guys where moving my grandma's stuff to her room I decided to stay and just help in what I could help with. We had KFC for lunch and then I had a second lunch with Patty - I know... I'm such a fatty, I had sanconcho though and it was good. We ran into Beto at the mall since he has his Ron Ponche stand and talked for a while. I bought my aunt's x-mas gift and then left. I got home, chilled and then went out again because I had a friends-giving dinner at Lio's! Rod and I were the first ones there since Lio, Kat, Tommy and Oro were picking up the food. They returned and then Vivianne came and we had a not so good meal but still a fun time. Normally the boys game during the whole night but this night was different. Although they played for a while they also talked with us and stuff and we had such a fun night!