Saturday, August 24, 2013

Community Plunge at USF

I went to a lecture about leadership and community service yesterday and they mentioned this community plunge held today. I signed in yesterday and I chose as an interest: environmentalism. So Saturday morning we gathered at the MSC Amphitheater at 8 AM. They gave breakfast, bagels and water, and also name tags and armbands. My team number was #5 and we went to Copeland Park, about 3 miles from USF. Our job was to cut off some palms that were growing around trees and dispose them. This work would take about one week for a ranger and we did the job in a couple of hours. We disposed 27 industrial size trash bags. I felt really happy that we could help somebody who needed it. And also contribute to mother nature, keeping the environment clean and a good place for animals to live. 



#USFServe


No comments:

Post a Comment