Friday, August 9, 2013

Week #15 (08/05/2013 - 08/11/2013)




Monday was a torture day! I had to go to the dentist which I hate, and it was my first check up in a long long time. I had a couple of cavities and they were concerned about my wisdom teeth. It's the first time I've had a cavity D: Since I'm on vacations we decided to do the filling that same day after lunch, it was a little bit painful but they hook me up to anesthesia the whole time. The dentist told me to stop drinking so much soda, which is definitely a motivation to stop doing it because I've been wanting to quit for a long time now. Rod came by to hang out and we mostly cuddled and watched TV. We also ate ice cream :3 

Tuesday was a lazy day, I woke up around 9 in the morning and did nothing until 1 PM (nothing = Youtube and Hay Day). I had to go to the dentist again for "maintenance" I don't know what the hell they did in my mouth haha. Anyway, the dentist told me that either I could get my wisdom teeth taken out, all four of them this week or I could wait until December. The thing is that right now I don't have any roots so if by December I have them it would be a little more painful and complicated so I'm going by this week. I really wanted it to be in December because I'm leaving in less than two weeks and I definitely feel a stress. I don't know if I mentioned it before but I finished "The Lost Hero" by Rick Riordan over then weekend (I give it 4 stars, it needed more Percy), and right now I'm reading book #2: "The Son of Neptune" which is basically Percy's side of the story. I also watched the season finale of The Bachelorette, and it's the first Bachelor/Bachelorette I've watch. Desire chose Chris and I was so happy! I was on Chris's team since almost the beginning. 

Wednesday started off with good news! Summer Term's grade have finally been uploaded to blackboard!
That gives me a total GPA of 3.72, counting my Spring and Summer Term. My goal is to never go below 3.50 :) For lunch mom bough McDonald's.. which I don't understand because we have food in our fridge! And lately every time I eat McNuggets I get stomachache which is a good thing because that prevents me from eating so much junk food. I finished reading "The Son of Neptune", the second book of the "Heroes of Olympus" series, and now I'm reading book #3: "The Mark of Athena". I also started packing! I couldn't delay more what was evidently coming. I packed things I know I won't be needing for the next 10 days, and I've filled half of a carry on bag, and half of a normal size bag. 


Look at those clouds omg, the sky was like this around
5 PM. However, it never rained. 
On Thursday I did Rod a favor and went to one of his final assignments, a conference, to take pictures. It wasn't boring at all, three adults gave a speech about their outcomes from being from USMA and working in the real world with an Industrial Engineering title. I took some great shots (you can see the photos here), but it was a little awkward because Rod introduced me to a couple of his friends and not to everybody. I dressed very professional with a white shirt, black pants and well.. converse haha. After the conference Rod and I went for dinner to Burger King, we would have gone to a nicer place but neither of us had money on that time. 

Friday was definitely the worst dentist visit ever! I got my wisdom teeth taken out, it didn't hurt at all at the dentist but at home I got the most severe pain I've had in my mouth. I kept bleeding when I got home and was worried it was an hemorrhage  but the bleeding stopped after a nap. Okay.. I retract what I said, I'm still bleeding but not a big deal. It's 6 PM and my cheeks hurt like never before. I ended the night having some chicken soup for dinner, and also I got better handling my pain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment