Saturday, May 18, 2013

Week #4 - Summer Term Begins.. (05/13/2013 - 05/19/2013)

Monday I had my first class of summer term: Public Speaking, at 10:30 A.M. That's the only class I have on Mondays and Wednesdays thank God, because it felt soooo loooongggg D: I could have died and resurrected on that frame of time twice. I volunteered third to say my speech. It was a speech about me. And I began: "Who am I? You don't know me and I may not even know myself. But what I do know is that.. I'm Gay! - no ha ha just kidding - What I really do know, besides that I'm straight, is that I like everything blue, I'm into photography, and I'm very adventurous" Then comes some nonsense about questions and opinions and then I had to tell an anecdote: "As I told you, I'm very adventurous, and one time I was in my beach house with my cousins and we decided to go explore in the woods (BTW. It as Holy Week). Usually we went with our bikes, but this time we went walking. Suddenly three pairs of red eyes stood out of the dark, and we hear barking and growling. So we ran towards our house, we could hear them behind us, but when we arrive home and turned around they were gone! It was the scariest night of my life". And then more nonsense and that was it.

Tuesday was a very exhausting day! Panama's been saving electric energy because our lakes are getting empty; therefore, malls, universities and schools, super markets, everywhere.. is air-conditioner-shortaged. So I arrived to Florida State University at 8:30 A.M. for my Pre Calculus class; oh God, I know it's bad to mock people or judge them or anything, but my precalc professor speaks so so so weird! He pronounces words with a very unusual accent. Maybe Hindu? The case is everybody was struggling just with understanding what he was saying, let alone how to do the math problem. At 10 A.M. I went to ENC 1102, I liked this professor. He's funny and easy to follow. Easy-to-follow professors are very hard to find these days. And finally after a long day I came to my last class, surpriseee! Everybody signed up because it was taught by a very cool professor... Turns he changed place with another guy, and this one's totally the opposite. What to do when you finally have something you want and it's taken away from you just like that?

On Wednesday I had again a Public Speaking class... not to be premature but I'm starting to dislike it. I know I'll need it in my professional life, but somehow when I get a professor I do not like I tend to dislike the subject because I relate everything that has to do with the subject with him or her. Besides college, I also read "The Rise of the Elgen" (Michael Vey #2) by Richard Paul Evans. I still have about 40 pages to go or so, and so far it's been amazing! Oh my God, Evans has such a creativity in what has to do with torture systems, or maybe not creativity but also knowledge of the mind power. I rate this book so far 5 stars, seriously. Finally at the end of the day I went to MMA. My previous professor had to leave due to his other work schedule problems, and he left HIS sensei in charge of us. I don't like this new professor's technique so much.. I miss my old sensei. The new one doesn't pay as much attention to details as the previous one, and always leaves me behind because I'm the only girl.

Thursday started of by a sleepy Pre Calculus class, off to a boring English class and ending off in a dull Trigonometry class. I decided to drop Public Speaking, because I feel like I got too much load on my back. And I also finished reading "The Rise of the Elgen" (Michael Vey #2) by Richard Paul Evans, the ending was so cliff hanger. Some recommendations: if you don't like cliff hangers don't read these books until the series are complete, "Red Ruby" by Kerstin Gier (worst cliff hanger of all time), "Avoiding Resposibility" by K. A. Linde was not much of a cliff hanger but it left me curios, and "The Rise of the Elgen" by Richard Paul Evans. At night I finished my English homework, which took me 4 hours! Not of effort I mean ha ha, it's very hard for me to concentrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment