Sunday, April 6, 2014

MY OPINION ON RUNNING SCHEDULES

It happened to me, when you are in Pinterest and you randomly decide you want to run to lose weigh when you see one of those 'Running for Beginners' or 'From Couch Potato to 5k' posts. I started doing the 'From Couch Potato to 5k' and it was in a 5 week lapse I think, I was doing fine at the beginning bur the repetitions where getting more and more intense and if I couldn't keep up with the pre-scheduled routine I would feel depressed. The thing is, those schedules are not fitted for a human being, or well, maybe for yourself. You gotta go with what fits you, and makes you feel comfortable but at the same time challenged. 

What I did was that I just went for a run, after deciding on quitting the 'From Couch Potato to 5k' and I saw that I could run 5k at my own pace. So every now and then I push it up 0.25 km more and try to run more and walk less, or to run faster. Since then I've been increasing my distance tremendously fast. I started doing that on March 7th, and today, almost a month after I increased two whole kilometers. It may not sound as a big difference but it is for me. 

I usually go out and run three times a week because of my packed schedule, and since opting out of the trail and just running around campus it's been wonderful. I also created two new playlists to listen while running because if you do too much of the same it can get boring. I created a Disney oriented playlist when I feel motivated about my Disney run on October and another one with just different songs than my first playlist. Now, the campus just seems to small to run around. I now have to enter dead end streets to cover some of the mileage I wanna run. 



No comments:

Post a Comment