Wednesday, January 15, 2014

OH HI! Yeah... I Remember You

You know one of those awkward moments when someone recognizes you in public and you don't have a clue as to who they are? Yup. That happened to me yesterday and the MSC Food Court. 
I was in line to get some Panda Express, yummy, and I was behind two Asian girls. I kept looking at her (discreetly, kind of) because I kind of recognized her face but I had no clue from where. I thought it was from an engineering club and her name was Di Li, wrong was I. 

Her: OMG! Stacy! I thought that was you!
Me: Oh hi! (big pause between oh and hi trying to remember her name)
Her: So how's it going?
Me: Good, are you still going to the meetings? (thinking she was from the engineering club)
Her: Oh, the lunches? No, have you?
Me: Oh me neither (it clicked! I knew who she was now. She was in my certified leadership program, but I still couldn't remember her name)
Her: Did you go back home this winter break?
Me: Yeah and you?
Her: No
Me: Oh, so when are you planning to go? This summer?
Her: No this summer I'll take a few classes and then fly to Canada to visit a friend
Me: Oh have you ever been to Canada?
Her: Yeah I used to study there
Me: (*facepalm) Oh yeah, yeah I remember. 

We said our goodbyes and on my way out was when I remembered her name: Cynthia. 


No comments:

Post a Comment